Saturday, October 28, 2006

So, what am I doing?

I was reading the Daily Express the other day and the article said that I was opening a cookery school and I was taking my one man theatre show back on the road. There was some truth in this but the facts are the next 'Floyd Uncorked' my award winning one man show (I won some kind of presigious award at the Brighton Festival the other year) is going to be at the Dorchester Arts Centre on December 15th 2006. Needless to say, I shall not be cooking, but I shall be having a glass of wine while I attempt to regail you with myamusing little anecdotes (n.b. not antidotes!)

As far as the cookery school rumours are concerned, it is true to say that Tess and I will be opening a cookery school in 2007 and when the negotiations are finalised, you will be the first to know. In the meantime, however, I do the odd session with my great mate Jean-Christophe Novelli at his Academy Novelli.

You can check him out and his terrific restaurant 'The White Horse' on his website

You might be interested to know I have a couple of new books out in time for Christmas. One is called 'Keith FLoyd's Thai Food' which brings me on to another exciting event - the opening of my one and only restaurant in the world simply known as 'Floyd's' which is at the delightful Burasari resort in Phuket, Thailand. Their website is www.burasari.com I shall of course be creating classical Thai dishes and my own special 'Floyd' dishes gathered from roaming around the world over the last 40 years. By the way the book is published by Collins.

The other book that is coming out in time for Christmas is called 'A splash and a dash', published by Cassels. This is a load of my favourite dishes, most of which require some kind of wine or alcohol to enhance their flavours.

Thats all for now. Bonne Applebite

Floyd

2 Comments:

Blogger william g dry said...

will you be doing another series. really miss them, watch them on sky 3 and pre record all of them, my son who is 3 years now knows who you are,love to watch your programmes and miss them hope we
will be able to see you on our tv again in a new series please.

once a cook always a cook

billy

10:31 AM  
Blogger paul said...

hi keith,i am ex 4rtr and have started a beginers guide to indian,
chinese,and italian,its on our web
page at 4rtr.co.uk,its a good laugh
and full of banter,in the passing i happen'd to say i was like floyd,loved cooking and a few glasses of wine,when one of the boys said that you were once a tankie too,so i thought i would try and contact you so you could confirm or deny it,and if you were a tankie,the boys would love to have some feedback on your times in
the rtr,yours,aye paul,ps i love all your programs,you put fun back into cooking,unlike some other tv chefs.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home